Make parallel Parking Easy!
Driving around trying to find the perfect park after finding a great deal from Parking Deals Australia can be difficult at the best of times. Especially when you need to parallel park, you may find your self just avoiding the park but don’t stress no more as we have put together 5 steps to make parallel parking easy!
The scene: you want to park in the space between two cars by the roadside. We’ll call these the front car and the back car. (The back car is the one behind you as you reverse.)
- Step 1: Pull up next to the front car, about two feet away from it. Position your car so that your back bumper is parallel to the back bumper of the front car.
- Step 2: Without moving your car, turn your steering wheel towards the parked cars as far as it will go.
- Step 3: Start reversing, keeping the steering wheel fully turned. Watch your side mirror furthest from the curb. When you see the registration plate of the back car in the mirror, stop.
- Step 4: Straighten your steering wheel to the middle position. Reverse again until your front bumper passes the back bumper of the front car. Stop.
- Step 5: Turn your steering wheel all the way away from the curb. Reverse until you are in position in the space. Stop, and straighten the steering wheel. You’re parked!
Happy parking from the Parking Deals Australia team!